The Department of Earth and Climate Sciences regularly receives invitations for Scholarships specifically tailored for students within the Department. This information shall be published here when available.
1. UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI SCHOLARSHIPS
University of Nairobi offers postgraduate scholarships every academic year to students who perform exemplary well in their fourth and final year of study.
General guidelines to applicants
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria among other specific criteria by their respective units.
1) Applicants should have completed and graduated with an undergraduate degree from the University of Nairobi in a specified academic year (except for School of Medicine, School of Dental Sciences and School of Nursing Sciences which requires mandatory two (2) years practical experience before admission into master’s programme).
2) Possess a first class or second class upper division. The Scholarship is offered on merit (preference will be offered to the best students).
3) Must have been admitted in a specified academic year intake in the particular programme.
4) Duration and commencement: Scholarship is conditional and tenable for two (2) consecutive years (except for the School of Medicine and School of Dental Sciences which runs for four (4) years) and is not transferable within departments.
5) Scholarship must be taken at time of offer (no deferments and temporary withdrawal from studies while on scholarship).
6) Scholarships are for full time students only; the student has to take the maximum number of units per semester, and successful students must comply with the terms and conditions of the scholarship and complete their studies within the stipulated programme duration.
7) Equal opportunities: Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
8) Application Procedures and Deadline: Applications which should include an application letter addressed to the Dean/Director, letter of admission and certified copies of degree certificate , transcripts and a motivation letter must be sent to the respective Dean/Director.
Call for Applications for Academic Year 2022/23 - Instructions Document
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE OFFICE BELOW:
Dean, School of Physical Sciences
University of Nairobi
P.O. Box 30197 - NAIROBI - 00100 G.P.O
Tel: +254-20-491 4136 or 020 491 4137
2. ERASMUS+ INTERNATIONAL CREDIT MOBILITY
For 30 years, the European Union has funded the Erasmus programme which has enabled over 4
million European students to spend part of their studies in another higher education institution (HEI)
in Europe. In 2015, Erasmus+ opened up these opportunities to individuals and organisations from
other parts of the world. Through "International Credit Mobility" - ICM for short - European HEIs can
set up mobility agreements with partners around the world to send and receive students and staff.
For more information CLICK HERE